Want to know your loan rate?
If you have a current account with us, you can check to see if you have a provisional loan limit before you apply – without affecting your credit rating 1 .
All loans are subject to status. Early settlement fees apply.
✔ Individual price quote – with no credit footprint
✔ Q uick and effortless application Two
✔ Comes with a price ensure (conditions apply)
0 APR Representative
over 2-5 years (your rate may differ Three )
Why get a Barclayloan?
Know your individual rate before you apply
A representative APR is the rate that most people will get, but yours could be different. With some lenders, you won’t know your actual rate until you’ve applied. And if you’re not blessed with the APR you’re suggested, your credit rating could still be affected even if you don’t take out the loan. We’re different – in many cases we can give you a personalised price quote up front, with no influence on your credit score.
You could get your money straightaway
If you apply online 1 and your application is approved, provided you can print or download your agreement and sign it online inbetween 7am and Ten:30pm, we’ll usually transfer the money to your current account straightaway Four .
If you take out a Barclayloan and another lender offers you a like-for-like unsecured loan with a lower APR, you can claim under our assure within 30 days of the date we signed your Barclayloan agreement. We’ll reduce the interest rate to produce an APR equal to the challenging suggest and recalculate your monthly repayments to reflect the diminished interest rate. See our total price ensure terms and conditions.
Immovable monthly repayments
Immobilized repayments can help you to budget.
Choose your payment term
Depending on the loan amount.
Already have a Barclayloan and need more funds? You can apply to increase your borrowing with us.
If you just want to take out a 2nd loan instead of topping up, that could be an option too.
Repaying your loan early
You have the right to repay your loan early, in part or total, at any time. We’ll charge a fee equal to 30 days’ interest on the amount you’re repaying, as well as any other interest that’s due.
To apply online, you’ll need:
✔ A Barclays current or savings account, mortgage or Barclaycard
✔ To be aged Legal or above
You can use your loan for almost anything, apart from:
- Business reasons
- Investments, including buying stocks and shares
- Purchasing property (home improvements are fine)
- Gambling-related expenses
- Repaying CCJs (county court judgments)
- A purchase made by combining this loan with any others
Resume an application
If you’ve already commenced a loan application and have saved your progress, it’s effortless to pick up where you left off.
If you applied via Online Banking
Log in to Online Banking here, and we’ll take you straight to your saved application.
If you used our online application form
If you commenced your application via our online form, we’ll have sent you an email with your reference number. You can inject the number here.
Our lending commitments and what we ask of you
As a lender, we have a responsibility to act fairly and as part of this we have committed to go after the Standards of Lending Practice. This note sets out some of our key responsibilities and what we ask of you, to ensure that the relationship works well for both of us.
- We will lend responsibly and aim to provide a product that is affordable for you.
- We will provide you with information about our products and services and how they work, in a clear and understandable way, so that you can determine what’s best for you and your needs.
- We will endeavour to make sure our products and services suggest, wherever possible, the plasticity to meet your needs.
- We will treat you fairly and reasonably at all times and make sure that you are provided with a high level of service.
- If you tell us about any inaccuracies, for example around the private information we hold about you, we will act quickly to put it right.
- We will always aim to help you if we see, or you tell us, that you are having trouble financially. We will seek to understand your overall circumstances, attempt and identify options that you can afford and where suitable, provide a reference to free debt advice.
What we ask of you
- We ask you to think cautiously about whether you can afford to repay the money you want to borrow and to be open in your dealings with us.
- Take care of any cards, PINs, online log-in details and other security information to help prevent fraud and help us to protect your accounts.
- Tell us as soon as possible if your card has been lost or stolen, or if you know or suspect someone is misusing your confidential information e.g. your PIN or online log-in details.
- Cautiously check your account statements to make sure they are accurate. If anything isn’t right, please get in touch with us.
Please let us know if
- Your contact details switch, so we can keep our records up to date.
- Your circumstances switch, particularly if what’s happened is likely to cause you difficulties in managing your account or financial problems.
- You think that you won’t be able to keep up with your repayments. The sooner you do this, the more likely it is we’ll be able to find a way to help you.
We would also encourage you to refer to the terms and conditions associated with your current account, credit card or private loan.